The CMT Level 1 examination measures basic, entry-level competence and understanding of the candidate. The CMT Level 1 candidate needs to have a working knowledge of the basic tools of the technical analyst. This is a definition-based multiple choice test with approximately 132 questions (according to the MTA website). The candidate has 2 hours and 15 minutes to complete the exam
In this online preparation course, candidates will have an opportunity to review each of the books listed in the MTA’s Recommended Reading lists. All participants in this online preparation course are expected to have read each of the required books before classes begin.
Curriculum & Class Schedule
• Class 1: Monday Mar 31th- Introduction to CMT Exam / Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Robert Edwards and John Magee
• Class 2: Thursday, Apr 03rd – Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Robert Edwards and John Magee (continued)
• Class 3: Monday, Apr 07th – The Definitive Guide to Point and Figure by Jeremy Du Plessis
• Class 4: Thursday, Apr 10th – Technical Analysis Explained by Martin Pring
• Class 5: Monday, Apr 14th- Technical Analysis Explained by Martin Pring (continued)
• Class 6: Thursday, Apr 17th – Technical Analysis: The Complete Resource for Financial Market Technicians by Charles Kirkpatrick & Julie Dahlquist
• Class 7: Monday, Apr 21st – Ethics, Test Taking Concepts, Review
• Class 8: Thursday, Apr 28th – Review
How it Works
- Classes will take place online via webcast twice a week for four weeks, at 6 pm EST. Each class will run approximately two hours long
- A link for the week’s class will be posted in a private discussion forum on this website approximately 24 hours in advance
- An archive of each class session will be posted in the private discussion forum the following day for participants to review
- PowerPoint slides, “homework,” and notes will be provided to all participants prior to each class beginning
- At the end of the class cycle, a review session will be held for all candidates to have an opportunity to discuss any problem areas
Sign Up Now!
Enrollment in the CMT Level 1 Preparation Course is $600 per candidate, per administration. This fee is non-refundable. Your participation in this preparation course does not guarantee that you will pass the CMT Level 1 Examination, issued by the Market Technicians Association. This course is designed to better prepare you for what to expect on examination day.